Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter is Here

Winter has come! We had our first really cold night here last night. Of course, this made getting up early for the first day back to school after Christmas break all the more excruciating! I just wanted to stay in my warm bed under layers of blankets....but I had to brave the cold to get my son up and out the door to school. He, of course, was no happier than I to be getting up at such an early hour!


With Winter comes warm coats, warm blankets, and warm comfort food, yum! I found a yummy recipe this morning over at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/ that I can't wait to try tonight, Cheeseburger Fries. Just the name alone makes my mouth water! Of course, not wanting to go outside today anymore than necessary, I will use what ingredients I have on hand here at the house. Check out the Homemaker's recipe here http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/2012/01/cheeseburger-fries/ I'll be using fresh potatoes and may even throw some GF salsa in with the ground beef for a little extra flavor! I'll try it tonight with my own spin on it and post the recipe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment