Tuesday, December 27, 2011

GF Cream Soups...and a great recipe for Crockpot Stew Beef!


So my hubby made a trip to Whole Foods the other day and brought home lots of great GF goodies for me! My favorite so far, Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream Soups! I cooked with regular cream soups all the time before going GF, but can't use those now...I've seen recipes for homemade GF cream soups, but haven't given that a try yet...So I was thrilled to find these. Here's my recipe for crockpot stew beef that I made using the GF Cream of mushroom soup...


1 & 1/2 lbs. of boneless beef stew meat

1 12 oz. container Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream of Mushroom condensed soup

Lea and Perrins worcestershire sauce (L&P is gluten free :))

salt and pepper

1/2 of a small onion diced

fresh carrots, celery and potatoes if desired

GF Brown Rice (I use Uncle Ben's Fast and Natural Brown Rice)

Directions:

Put stew meat in crockpot

In med bowl combine soup, a few dashes of worcestershire sauce, diced onion, and salt and pepper

Pour soup mixture over meat and stir to cover meat

Cover and cook on low 12-13 hrs. (or high 6 hours then low 1 hr)

Sometimes I add baby carrots, celery and/or diced potatoes about halfway through cooking too.

Serve w/ GF brown rice

This recipe is linked to...

Gluten Free Wednesdays

Allergy Free Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment