Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder from GFE....



Yesterday, Shirley at Gluten Free Easily posted her recipe for Bacon Chicken Corn Chowder. It looked delicious and simple. I actually had all the ingredients, minus the corn, already on hand, so I made it for dinner last night. It was so tasty...even without the corn. Here's the recipe http://glutenfreeeasily.com/bacon-turkey-or-chicken-corn-chowder-gluten-free-dairy-free-refined-sugar-free-and-more-free/


Shirley's directions are for the microwave, but I cooked mine on the stovetop, and she gives some tips for that too. Of course, I had to cook it longer, and as Shirley suggests, add more liquid. I'm not sure if I didn't add enough stock and milk, or if I added too much chicken. I think probably a little of both, so it turned out thicker and less soupy than I intended, but regardless, it was very good!



No comments:

Post a Comment