Thursday, February 5, 2015

Broccoli Salad

I LOVE broccoli! Steamed, in a warm casserole, raw....it doesn't matter!  But this broccoli salad is one of my favorites!! My mom has made this fabulous dish for as long as I can remember.  It's always a crowd favorite!  Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:

5-6 broccoli crowns

1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1 small purple onion

2 jars real bacon bits (I use Hormel)

1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise

3 tsp red wine vinegar

3/4 cup sugar


Directions:

Chop broccoli into very small pieces

Finely chop the onion

Combine broccoli and onion with cheese and bacon.

In a separate bowl combine the mayo, vinegar and sugar.  Mix well.

Pour sauce mixture over other ingredients and mix well till combined.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!



Linked to Gluten Free Fridays at http://vegetarianmamma.com


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays Party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) I can't wait to see what you share next time!
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete