Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stuffed Peppers....oh my goodness!


I found this little gem on one of the recipe swaps last week and couldn't wait to try it out....

Of course, for me to try a recipe, it has to...
1. look delicious
2. have ingredients that I've actually heard of
3. have simple steps!

This recipe is all three! The steps really are simple, there are just quite a few of them. But don't let that scare you away... I promise you, the end result is TOTALLY worth it! ...And Hubby loved it too!

I stuck to the original recipe with a few minor changes. Instead of the cayenne pepper, I used a couple of dashes of red pepper flakes that I had on hand. I used dried minced garlic and added some salt and pepper. I grated part of a block of Monterrey Jack cheese and just diced up some jalapenos on top of the cheese.

I also got a little carried away and put the cheese and diced jalapenos on before baking the peppers instead of waiting till the last 5 minutes, but they still turned out great. Just make sure you cover the peppers while they bake. Then I just removed the foil and baked a few minutes longer.

I cut this recipe in half and still had enough filling for 6 pepper halves. I just added a little more crushed tomatoes to the meat mixture when cooking.

As always, just make sure all the brands you use are GF! 

Here's the fabulous recipe with beautiful step by step pics too!


Enjoy!

This recipe is linked to...


1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, I adore stuffed peppers! Yum-o!

    Thank you for sharing your recipe with us this week on AFW! Be sure to check back next week for reader favorites and hostess picks.

    Be Well,
    --AFW Hostesses

    ReplyDelete