Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sausage Spinach Cheddar Quiche


A few weeks back the Gluten Free Homemaker posted a recipe for a hamburger spinach quiche that looked quite yummy. That got me thinking....I thought back to the quiche a made a little while back and I thought I'd just tweak that simple recipe to make a sausage spinach cheddar quiche...it turned out so delicious! I had quiche for lunch, quiche for dinner and quiche for breakfast the next morning, and then I was a little sad because I had no quiche left! lol

Here's the recipe :)


  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 lb gluten free Italian bulk sausage (I use Ingles Markets brand)
  • 1 container fresh organic baby spinach
  • 1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (I use Laura Lynn Sharp Cheddar block)
  • 1/2 or 3/4 tbsp onion powder (I use McCormick brand)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Brown and break up the sausage until it is cooked and no longer pink.
Drain and set aside
Cook spinach. This doesn't take long at all...just melt some butter in pot or deep pan, add spinach. Cover and cook over medium heat for just a few minutes till done.
Drain liquid from spinach and set aside.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In large bowl combine sausage, spinach, eggs, milk, cheddar cheese, onion powder and salt and pepper.
Stir till combined.

Grease a pie plate with GF butter then pour the quiche mixture into the pie plate. Place in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and center is set.

Enjoy...and try not to eat the whole thing at once :)

Linked to

6 comments:

  1. did you change your look? Fun mod feel! I love the ingredients here, what a great protein filled breakfast! Thanks for sharing with us again on AFW, don't forget to link back for a chance at a feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooo, a crustless spinach and sausage quiche--sonds easy and delicious. No wonder you were sad when you finished it up.

    Erin, have you considered adding this to the Spinach Recipe Round Up at Gnowfglins? I'm just an avid reader, but I think folks would appreciate your take.

    Here's the link, if you want to check it out: http://gnowfglins.com/2012/05/11/spinach-seasonal-recipe-round-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link Holly! I posted it in their recipe round-up :) Yes, this is super easy and soooo yummy!

      Delete
  3. Quiche is so easy when you go crustless. I'm glad I was inspiration for you. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! You're right, I don't even miss the crust and it's super easy!

      Delete
  4. Omg! So delicious. thank you sooo much for sharing the recipe. http://www.canieathere.com/

    ReplyDelete