Monday, April 30, 2012

Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Muffins

I found a cranberry vanilla muffin recipe a while back that I've been wanting to try.  But since I'm not wild about cranberries, I though I'd use strawberries instead....and since I had some wonderful strawberries from the local farm here, I thought I'd make them this morning!  They turned out soooo yummy!

I did make a few changes to the original recipe. Here's a link to the original recipe from Once a Month Mom.

http://onceamonthmom.com/gluten-free-recipe-makeover-cranberry-vanilla-muffins/

Here's what I did...

Ingredients....

  • 1 cup sorghum flour
  • 1 cup tapioca flour
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon gf baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 large egg 
  • 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon gluten free vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease muffin tins w/ GF butter or use paper liners  Set pan aside.
In a mixing bowl whisk the dry ingredients together well.  Mix in the wet ingredients, except strawberries until batter is smooth using a mixer.  Do not over beat.  Fold in fruit.  Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with batter.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes at 350 until muffins are done, using a toothpick or thin sharp knife to see if batter is baked through.

Linked to...
Gluten Free Wednesdays
Allergy Free Wednesdays
It's a Keeper Thursdays


4 comments:

  1. Erin, so glad you shared this at It's a keeper, our strawberry season is in full swing here, now I have another recipe to try out! Following you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! Yes, they turned out so yummy! In fact I barely got to eat any, my baby girl devoured them!

      Delete
  2. These sound heavenly Erin! I could eat about 3 right now with the tea I am drinking! Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe on Allergy-Free Wednesdays. Be sure to check back next week for recipe highlights (including the top 3 reader choice submissions and hostess favorites).

    Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love those muffins! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. http://www.canieathere.com/

    ReplyDelete