Thursday, November 17, 2011

Going Gluten Free

Three weeks ago, my Dr called with the results of my blood tests....fairly certain that I had "Celiac Sprue" as he called it. Now, I knew what this was only because the chic on "The View" has Celiac Disease...shoot, I even bought her book 5 years ago thinking just maybe I had it too...I cooked one GF meal, and trashed the book...ironic, huh? Even so, after his call, I cried....and cried....and cried...for, oh, about three days... partly out of grief for all the food I thought I would never be able to eat again, and partly out of fear about what could happen if I didn't follow the GF diet. I know, three days of crying....maybe a bit dramatic. But I LOVE good food....I had no idea what I was going to do....I felt LOST!

I began searching the internet for any info and recipes I could find....and it began to seem not quite so scary....By the time the results came back from my follow-up test, I had already accepted it and so here I am, two weeks gluten free...

So I am searching sites, checking ingredients, and learning as I go, one meal at a time....This blog is an attempt to organize all things gluten free...This way, everything will be in one place which will hopefully make learning to be GF a little easier...and if it helps someone else along the way, then that's icing on the gluten free cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment