Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Recipe from the Pioneer Woman...My Favorite Meatloaf

So I veered off of my meal plan for the week, but hey, that's ok, right? I stumbled upon a recipe from the Pioneer Woman that I have wanted to make for some time, and I couldn't help myself! I made Ree's meatloaf and good golly, Miss Molly, I'm glad I did! I don't know why, but my picture looks a little...what's the word...scary... but I promise you, it was delicious! For you see, Ree's meatloaf isn't just a meatloaf. It's meatloaf wrapped in bacon and smothered with a yummy layer of ketchup and brown sugar! Now, I had to do a little tweaking of the recipe, to make it gluten free and to work around what I had on hand.


I used Udi's GF white sandwich bread, almond milk, Daiya cheddar shreds, Melinda's Hot Sauce (GF), and dried spices instead of fresh. I also decreased the number of eggs and bread slices, as I had a little less meat than the recipe called for. With these changes, it was still a delicious dinner...and it was gluten free! Served it with some mashed potatoes, yum!

Here's the link to the recipe, along with Ree's oh so fabulous pictures of everything step by step....Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Funny! My sister called for ideas for dinner fri and I mentioned meatloaf, she was planning on the PW recipe too! I also have a meatloaf recipe that adds all the grains and veggies into it, so it is a one dish wonder, incredibly good too!
    http://tessadomesticdiva.blogspot.com/2011/04/meatloaf.html
    I don;t where you live, but I ma jealous of your beautiful snow and ready for some here too in Oregon, two lame winters in a row!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that meatloaf was great, the sauce and bacon on top make the meal! That picture of the snow was actually taken last year, haven't seen any snow here in SC this year yet :( Keeping our fingers crossed though! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for stopping by and sharing on Allergy Free Wednesdays! Check back next week for recipe highlights (including the top 3 reader choice submissions and hostess favorites).

    Best,
    --AFW Hostesses

    ReplyDelete